Secrets of a Secret Church Shopper – The Columbia Metro Connection Podcast #004
Hosts for this week’s Podcast:
- Chris Reinolds of Killian Baptist Church (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- George Bullard the CMBA Director (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
Sometimes what people see online discourages them from ever coming in person.People check you out online seven to ten times before making the decision to attend your church.
4 Things People Must See Online: Service Times, Directions, Staff Page, I’m New Page
The number one most read page on a church’s website is the staff page
People want to get to know the people before they commit to coming to your church
A church must determine who the client is for the web page
Your website is the true first impression
Always point people to the website
Ken Meyer – If everything is important, then nothing is.
Empower lay leaders to run social media
Two things to share on social media: Information & Inspiration
Social media is supposed to be social. Make sure you’re generating content that encourages people to interact.
Dave Addison – We try to use more question marks than periods
Excellence transcends when it comes to a worship service
People can smell fake, be authentic.
Life comes down to relationships
There are people in your congregations that have not had human contact in seven days. There is power in human touch.
If we are to be welcome and hospitable to all, then that includes those who have special needs.
- Greg Atkinson’s Book – Secrets of a Secret Shopper
- George Bullard’s Congregational Champions Retreat
- Alejandro Reyes – Church Marketing Summit
- Mark Batterson – Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity
- Dr. Chester Goad – Huffington Post
Connect with Greg Atkinson