Hunger Ministry Grant Program Established
The Visionary Leadership Community of CMBA approved on March 19, 2019 guidelines for Hunger Ministry Grants to assist contributing member and network churches to provide relief to families and individuals needing food assistance and to alleviate the existence of hunger in various communities.
The funding for these grants comes from the generous contributions by individuals and churches to the Hunger Ministry Fund of CMBA. Typically grants can be made for up to $500. The ideal is for these funds to match funds provided by the church, or clear in-kind services provided by church-sponsored hunger ministry efforts.
Ministry Goal: Support contributing church members and network connection churches in their effort to make a difference in their communities through hunger ministry based on the biblical mandate to demonstrate the love of Christ by helping those in need
Services supported include the following:
- Purchase of food for distribution: This distribution should
intake and interview processes. an include
- Education services and materials: These services should focus on and encourage leading individuals to self-sufficiency.
- Establish community gardens: This project will need a plan to ensure ongoing sustainability.
- Church mission project: This could be a one time or ongoing work that relates to hunger and directly benefits the community.
- Approved meal packing event participation: Meal packing organizations set up high energy meal packing events at churches and businesses. Funds will be matched to offset
costof participating in a meal packing project with a host church.
hunger relatedprojects and services: Submit in writing other services proposed for consideration.
For information on applying and receiving a grant for your church contact Cathy Locklear at CathyLocklear@ColumbiaMetro.org.