So, Your Church is Not Holding Services Today! What Should You Do?
- You do not have to go to the “church house” to worship God. You can do it right where you are.
- You can praise God anywhere you are. In your home you can sing loud praises to God and not embarrass yourself.
- You already know the things in your own life from the past week where you need God’s help. You might even need to confess a sin or two and ask God for forgiveness.
- You can pray not only for yourself, but also for your family, for friends, for people you know who need help and a special presence of God’s people, for people who are sick, and for people who do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- Because this is a Sunday you are not critiquing the pastor’s sermon, the music leader’s song selections, or other leaders at church, you can pray that God will give them strength and spiritual wisdom to serve.
- You can remember that the church needs your tithe and offering whether or not worship service are held this week. You can on online and give and offering digitally or write a check and mail it on Monday to your church.
- You can pray for the people negatively impacted by the storm called Florence and consider what you can do to help—money, volunteer, and always to pray.
- You can get up your courage and hold a family devotion in your home even though the kids are happy they got a Sunday off church.\
- You can call a person in your small group who you know has illness or some other challenge in their life. You would have heard a report from them today. You can connect with them to see how they are doing.
- You can ponder what you missed by not being in the “church house” today.
“I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.” (Psalm 122:1)